Monday, July 28, 2008

Doctor, Doctor

I will now make an incision. I will now remove the appendix. The patient did not survive ...

So I decided to kill two birds with one vacation day by going to see both of my doctors last Monday. I went to my PCP in the morning and as usual she wanted to run a bunch of tests. I generally wait until I go back to see her before I get the results. She siad I didn't need to come back and see her for six months, so I guess I'll call the number and see how things worked out. She seemed to be pleased that my blood pressure and weight were both down. There really wasn't a whole lot to the follow up except a reminder to take my meds and come back to see her.

I had some time to kill between doctors' visits, so I made the painful stop for gas and then I did a little grocery shopping. I got back to the house and propped my foot up for about a half hour before it was time for me to go see my surgeon. It was a bit of a mad house at the office, since it was right after lunch. I waited around for a while and then finally got the call to walk down the hall to an exam room. I may have dozed off, because it seemed like it took a while for the doctor to pop in and see me. He examined the ankle and asked me to walk across the room. He could tell I was favoring the good ankle, so he asked me to stand on my tippy toes. I was a bit nervous to do it in the center of the room, but I gave it a shot. He said he liked the way I was progressing and wanted me to start strengthening the calf and tendon. So now I have full clearance to walk and do leg exercises as long as I don't get crazy with the sports. I go back to see him in three months.

All in all, a pretty good day to be out and about standing on two legs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free counters provided by Andale.