Wednesday, July 16, 2008

What's In A Name?

My name isn't Chef anymore, children. I've converted to Islam. From now on my name is Abdul Mohammad Jabar-Rauf Kareem Ali...

My cousin Mike used to be called The Rock when he was competing as a bodybuilder. I worked out with him for a while and he nicknamed me Little Rock. When we started working out again earlier this year, he challenged me to get my Little Rock title back. I can't say whether or not I've done that (he gave me the name, he will have to be the one to reappoint it), but I can say I like the direction that I'm going.

Come to think of it I go by a lot of names. Brett, B$ (pronounced B Money), BigDaddy, Ladies Man, Asshole ... Okay, those last two are from people sippin on the haterade but I can see where they are coming from. I need a new nickname to take with me when I'm ready to enter into the fierce world of the Octagon. Nothing against Big Frog and Sunshine, but damn that sure doesn't strike fear into the heart of the competition. How about:

Bonesaw - That was my original Xbox live nickname. Depending on where your head's at, you may be confused and think of a surgical utensil. Actually, I took the name from the first Spider-man movie. Randy "Macho Man" Savage played the wrestler and his name was Bonesaw. I do a decent Macho Man impersonation, so I thought it would be jacked up to get on Live and start a death match with 'Bonesaw's ready.' It was pretty surreal and fun as hell to boot.

KYBigDaddy - That's my new Live name. Again depending on where your head's at, you could get the wrong idea. While KY is a jelly, it is also the postal abbreviation for the Bluegrass State. I'm a country boy that was born here, was raised here, and Lord willing and the Creek don't rise; they'll make my grave here.

B White - I'm sure some people have already given me this nickname. You sing one Hank Williams, Jr. song on the patio and suddenly you've lost your skin pigment. My people are a tropical people, but I just don't dig Cancer of the Skin. Anyhoo, I also do a mean Prince or so I've been told. The fact is it's kind of fun to kick up a little Garth Brooks or Elvis Presley at the kareoke bar and watch the White people get confused. Maybe they should just call me His Royal Majesty the King. Too much? Oh well, there's always...

B Lethal - I try to keep it cool, calm and collected; but occasionally the short fuse is lit and I explode. I've been working in the Danger Room with Professor X to control my power but just like the original Wolverine I've got animal instincts that take control from time to time. Maybe when the Hemi-powered Fantastic Car gets out of the shop, the Friend/Foe indicator will be fixed.

Until Dark Knight hits IMAX, make mine Marvel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free counters provided by Andale.