Monday, July 14, 2008

Health Watch July '08

A lot of people ask me, stupid fucking questions …

Actually, that’s not true. A lot of people have questions for me, but they seem to be a little intimidated to ask. One of the big ones is, “Why?” Why ask why?

I could set goals and hope for the best. I can also not set goals, thusly failing to plan and planning to fail. The reason I’ve become so open is that I need the pressure and accountability that comes from having dozens of people know what my health goals are. If I go it alone, I can make strides and go so far. But when I hit that first wall or that second wall, will I have enough to push through? Maybe, maybe not. With the millions and the millions of the Daddy’s fans saying their prayers, taking their vitamins and listening to their Moms and Dads along with me; I can feel their support and encouragement behind me when I hit that wall. I am not alone. In fact I become larger than life. I am the Best there is, the Best there was and the Best there ever will be. And that’s the bottom line, because BigDaddy said so!

I’ve trimmed down to 280 lbs as of this morning. I was much more mindful of my food/calorie intake this past week and I was pretty consistent with my workouts. I’m trying to balance the scales by concentrating on having healthy food around and realizing the effort it will take to make up for poor eating choices. I still have a ways to go even to cut to 250 lbs. I’d really like to get down closer to 225 lbs or even 200 lbs if possible, though.

Phil has joined the dojo and we’ll be working out together for the upcoming future. He felt the power of the dojo for the first time on Sunday and you could see the look of awe in his eyes as he left with visions of a new more pumped up and chiseled PhD in his head.
He’s getting married on November 1st of this year, so we have a tough road ahead of us if he wants to make his goal by then.

2 Comments:

Blogger LKS said...

Goals are good and I think it's pretty brave for you to put them out here for all to see. You have my support!

July 15, 2008 12:24 PM  
Blogger B$ said...

Thanks K$. I get by with a little help from my friends and family.

July 15, 2008 7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free counters provided by Andale.